Working at Foundry
We’re strategists, designers, and engineers who develop impactful technology and powerful experiences. We hurl ourselves at figuring things out, and we invest in our community, our team, and our customers. We’ve made ourselves into a destination agency for independent thinkers who challenge conventions to make things right, and a haven for do-gooder types who want to work hard if only to make things work better.
Our Software Development team works on everything from Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence to modern Front End Frameworks to Mobile apps, Maps, and Dev-Ops. As a colleague at Foundry, we’d rely on you to take the lead when needed, develop creative solutions in a fast and engaging environment, and contribute your energy and ideas back to your team and community as you hone your skills. We define and design all that we make, always taking those steps in that deliberate order. We take our work seriously but insist on having some serious fun while doing it. Silliness often occurs, yet stuff still gets done, well.
The ideal candidate will be a lifelong learner with strong development and communication skills, and be self-motivated. We seek an innovative and resourceful problem-solver who genuinely cares about creative, positive outcomes and real impact. We earn our clients’ trust to turn their vision into something amazing and we’re dedicated to partnering with companies in the business of doing good.
Software Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer at Foundry, here’s some of what you’ll do:
- Be creative in your application of both technical and human-centered skills to deliver high-quality solutions while working closely with your clients, your design team, project management, and other colleagues across the company.
- Conceptualize, Build, Test, Document, and Maintain software with your team in a variety of programming languages and frameworks as needed with a high degree of professionalism and craft across multiple projects and clients.
- Engage and participate in improving the team by influencing and implementing best practices, suggesting and trying process improvements, and all-around helping build mastery in the team and yourself by supporting a positive and collegiate environment.
- Contribute to business analysis and user experience design efforts
Software Engineer Requirements & Skills
- Highly resourceful problem solver and a quick learner
- Strong Proficiency in at least one major programming language
- Familiarity with web development, both front-end and back-end
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with the occasional customer-facing project discussion, planning, and demo
- Open to feedback with an ability to collaborate, support, and understand people
- Ability to operate on multiple projects simultaneously with strong time management
- Comfortable customer and public communication and presentation skills a plus
A person with these skills tends to have 3-5 years of custom software development experience, and tends to have been through the SLDC at least once. If you have the skills and experience but haven’t necessarily clocked the years, reach out anyway, we’d like to talk.
Expectations for you
As a growing, agile company, we expect software engineers to jump in and take an assertive role, sometimes as a technical lead and always in support of the team. You’ll build some really cool stuff, including your mastery of skills, your career – yourself.
A note on remote work
At Foundry, we value flexibility. All Foundry employees have the choice to work at either our downtown Minneapolis headquarters, remote, or a mix of both! We are looking for someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and get things done, and when the inevitable life stuff happens - take care of it, family first.
Our core business hours are from 10am to 4pm CST. This means all employees, regardless of location, are expected to be responsive within these hours, and are trusted to tailor their schedule to work a full 8 hours on an average day.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
What’s in it for you?
Foundry continues to see a need for brilliant people like you to come together, to build a place where you can do your best work and make a difference. We’re serious about bringing together and supporting an incredible team and finding them important and interesting projects. If this all sounds like a dream to you, hey we like making dreams happen, apply and give us a chance to get to know you.
How to Apply
Please share your resume and thoughts on joining our team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.