The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating sales leads, contacting potential customers, and nurturing existing customer relationships. The Business Development Manager will promote products and services, represent Foundry at networking events and conferences, travel to events and meetings with key clients, conduct online research using social media and other digital tools to discover new leads and new target markets, and help plan and partner with Marketing in developing marketing and advertising strategies. This career requires excellent communication, sales, and management skills.
This position reports directly to the President of Foundry. This is a remote position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Bring experience in sales and marketing for a technology service company
- Digital marketing and web development fluency
- Understand Foundry’s go-to-market strategy and the competitive landscape in order to differentiate and call attention Foundry’s competitive advantage
- Learn and comprehend business and technical requirements of clients to sell effective solutions that drive business value and have a clear ROI
- Be a subject matter expert of all things Foundry; Be the narrator and storyteller of Foundry history
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customizes targeted sales strategies
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Partner with Strategy, Technology and Design teams to advocate and articulate business value to prospective clients
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle, including lead generation and qualification, scope construction, proposal development, client presentations and contract negotiation
- Maintain a deep understanding of rapid industry advancements, insight, trends, platforms, news and opportunities to ensure industry expertise
- Collaborating with Executive leadership team to secure, retain and grow accounts – through prospecting, market research and expanding of existing contacts within existing accounts
- Drive clients awareness and business development across services
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients; maintaining a database (Hubspot, excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Making outbound calls to potential clients; closing sales and working with the client through the closing process
- Meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals, and margin targets
- Keep an updated and accurate pipeline of all sales administration using CRM software
- Collaborating with Executive leadership on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short and long term business development plans
- Work with our Marketing team by securing client references and case study creation
- Build market strategies for Foundry’s solution offerings within accounts
- Understand Software Engineers and Designers skills, abilities and passion projects, an overall understanding of what you are selling
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven track record of complex sales, solution selling, strategic account leadership is a plus
- Prior sales experience with software development, data engineering, design agency services preferred
- Ability to write proposals, think strategically, and develop custom solutions
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Strong business-orientation and strong sense for solution-solving
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, things move swiftly at Foundry
- Motivation for sales
- Experience with CRM Software (e.g. Hubspot)
- Previous experience in a business to business sales environment
A note on remote work
At Foundry, we value flexibility. All Foundry employees have the choice to work at either our downtown Minneapolis headquarters, remote, or a mix of both! We are looking for someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and get things done, and when the inevitable life stuff happens - take care of it, family first.
Our core business hours are from 10am to 4pm CST. This means all employees, regardless of location, are expected to be responsive within these hours, and are trusted to tailor their schedule to work a full 8 hours on an average day.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
What’s in it for you?
Foundry continues to see a need for brilliant people like you to come together, to build a place where you can do your best work and make a difference. We’re serious about bringing together and supporting an incredible team and finding them important and interesting projects. If this all sounds like a dream to you, hey we like making dreams happen, apply and give us a chance to get to know you.
How to Apply
Please share your resume and thoughts on joining our team by emailing us at email@example.com