Working at Foundry
Foundry is looking for a creative problem solver to join our digital design team. The ideal candidate is highly organized with great visual polish in their work. A strong attention to detail is a must. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of best practices as it relates to user experience and interface design, experience working side-by-side with developers, and well-honed visual design skills.
As a Product Designer at Foundry, you will work collaboratively with external client stakeholders, along with our internal product design, business development, and software teams. Foundry works with an eclectic array of clients, so a desire to constantly learn and evolve your design skills and understanding is essential. In this role you will also have the opportunity to work on a huge range of different projects on a week-to-week basis.
- Participating in internal and client-facing Product Strategy Sessions
- Contributing in user experience design sessions
- Building wireframes, user flows, and sitemaps to demonstrate UX design decisions
- Producing polished, visually appealing deliverables
- Visual design of user interface components and screens
- Producing a variety of design files including clickable prototypes, interactive micro-prototypes, and dev handoff documents
- Working closely with development team to implement design and make adjustments as warranted
- Participating in client presentations
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong, creative aesthetic style
- Basic understanding of software development process
- Intuitive understanding of user experience practices to enhance general usability
- Strong skills in design fundamentals such as knowledge of composition, form, shape, color, layout, typography
- Skillful communication and conversation skills
- Deep knowledge of modern design trends
- Proficiency in using tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, and similar product design tools
A person with these skills tends to have 2 years of professional design experience represented in their portfolio, but if you have the skills and experience but haven’t necessarily clocked the years, reach out anyway, we’d like to talk.
Foundry is a small and agile company. Although we expect this person to jump in and take an assertive role in design projects, our talented team is always there to support one another, so you’ll never be left on your own.
A note on remote work
At Foundry, we value flexibility. All Foundry employees have the choice to work at either our downtown Minneapolis headquarters, remote, or a mix of both! We are looking for someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and get things done, and when the inevitable life stuff happens - take care of it, family first.
Our core business hours are from 10am to 4pm CST. This means all employees, regardless of location, are expected to be responsive within these hours, and are trusted to tailor their schedule to work a full 8 hours on an average day.
Who We Are
Foundry is a digital product agency with a focus on design and user experience. We work with clients to make beautiful, elegant, well-made things, from branding to custom software, and everything in between.
Everything Foundry produces is crafted with the care and attention-to-detail that comes naturally to us as a team. We’re dedicated to partnering with companies who are in the business of doing good and our clients trust us to take their vision and turn it into something amazing.
Our company culture revolves around creative problem solving, collaborative thinking, and hard work mixed with just the right amount of irreverence and fun. We take our work seriously, and we have a great time doing it.
How to Apply
Email your resume, portfolio, and a brief note explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org