Working at Foundry
Do you love helping people make their product dreams come true? Do you care about working with customers to bring their vision to life and create lasting value? Are you sick of the BS that keeps you from doing that? This might just be the job for you!
In this role, you’ll build relationships with clients based on thorough planning, as well as timely, professional communication and intelligent problem-solving. It’s about influencing the team, process, and clients, all while helping brilliant people do amazing things! If you appreciate even the smallest of details (more than the average person) and instinctually go beyond simply identifying issues and thrive on creating solutions, then come and help us make cool stuff as a Producer at Foundry.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, demonstrate agility, and be self-motivated. We seek an innovative and resourceful problem-solver with previous project management experience in custom software and user experience design.
Foundry creates digital products with sincere empathy for the people who’ll use them. We look for ever-curious lifelong learners to add their talents to our team. Our clients bring us real-world problems to solve, not lists of requirements to implement. We dig into their goals and culture, asking lots of questions until we know we’re proposing just the right solution. Then we make it happen, pretty fast. We help our clients make beautiful, impactful, elegant, well-conceived custom software.
Our company culture revolves around creative problem solving, collaborative thinking, and hard work mixed with an appropriate dose of irreverence. We take our work seriously but insist on having some serious fun while doing it. Silliness often occurs, and stuff still gets done, well.
We define and design all that we make, always taking those steps in that deliberate order. Everything Foundry produces is crafted with attention to detail by people who genuinely care about creating positive outcomes and real impact. We’re dedicated to partnering with companies in the business of doing good. We earn our clients’ trust to turn their vision into something amazing.
Producer Duties & Responsibilities
As Producer at Foundry, here’s some of what you’ll do:
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects
- Create and communicate project plans and status reports to internal and external partner
- Manage project and portfolio financials
- Work closely with product strategy and management team to define timelines and roadmaps
- Help bring projects from sales to production
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects. Be the single point of contact for all stakeholders
- Oversee agile project processes including planning, prioritization, and backlog refinement
- Resource planning across multiple projects
Producer Requirements & Skills
- Highly resourceful problem solver and a quick learner
- 3+ years of experience preferred in a custom software development field (or similar)
- Strong skills in both project planning and customer service
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Open to feedback with an ability to inspire, support, and understand people
- Track record of strong time management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flawless communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Prior project management experience in custom software development
- Strong familiarity with project management tools, methodologies, and best practices
We understand that everyone's background and career is unique, so if you have the skills and experience but haven’t necessarily clocked the years, reach out anyway, we’d like to talk!
Expectations for you
As a small, agile company, we expect producers to jump in and take an assertive role, both with leading clients and in support of the team. You’ll help build some really cool stuff, including your mastery of skills, your career – yourself.
A note on remote work
At Foundry, we value flexibility. All Foundry employees have the choice to work at either our downtown Minneapolis headquarters, remote, or a mix of both! We are looking for someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and get things done, and when the inevitable life stuff happens - take care of it, family first.
Our core business hours are from 10am to 4pm CST. This means all employees, regardless of location, are expected to be responsive within these hours, and are trusted to tailor their schedule to work a full 8 hours on an average day.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
What’s in it for you?
Foundry continues to see a need for brilliant people like you to come together, to build a place where you can do your best work and make a difference. We’re serious about bringing together and supporting an incredible team, and finding them important and interesting projects. If this all sounds like a dream to you, hey we like making dreams happen, apply and give us a chance to get to know you.
How to Apply
Please share your resume and thoughts on joining our team (but no cover letters – those are the worst) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org